Monday, 17 October 2011

10 Van Quotes - Part 2


 1. "There's an obsession at the moment with what some people call the comics and what I call the propaganda magazines, Mojo, Q Magazine, The Word There's this obsession with the past."

 2. "Being famous was extremely disappointing for me. When I became famous it was a complete drag and it is still a complete drag.”

 3. "There are the people who write these so-called biographical books, who haven't done the research, and don't know enough about me in the first place. I think the guys who wrote the last couple of books were complete ignoramuses, not qualified for the job."

4. "I write songs. Then, I record them. And, later, maybe I perform them on stage. That's what I do. That's my job. Simple.”

 5. "Even today skiffle is a defining part of my music.  If I get the opportunity to just have a jam, skiffle is what I love to play."

 6. "I educated myself.  To me, school was boring." 

 7. "I learnt from Armstrong on the early recordings that you never sang a song the same way twice." 

 8. "When I started you were more in touch with the people you were playing to.  There wasn't the distance or the separation that there is now."     

 9. "The first piece of music that captured my imagination was probably Ray Charles Live at Newport."   

10.  "There's always got to be a struggle.  What else is there? That's what life is made of.  I don't know anything else.  If there is, tell me about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment