|Author Andrea Kayne Kaufmann|
11. Author Andrea Kayne Kaufmann - "Ever since I discovered Van Morrison’s Moondance album in seventh grade, I have been hooked. For me, he is the ultimate poet, whose lyrics always transcend and transport me to a better place."
12. Personal Assistant to Van, Siobahn McGowan - "I really loved it. He was really straight and ethical. Some people might find him difficult to handle, but I didn't.
13. Longtime Van musician - "He records everything from the minute you start; there's plenty of bloody pressure with Van! Sometimes he just sits with a guitar and starts singing. We'll start playing along and when he finishes that's it - that's the take. I wish it could always be like that. It really is a buzz, because there's no hiding place."
14. Fleetwood Mac's Mick Fleetwood - "Many years ago I played with Van Morrison and he's been one of my favourite artistes ever since."
15. Actor Ciaran Hinds - "My favourite records are all by Van Morrison... Van is the Man; his music is my muse, the conduit between my ordinary, ho-hum consciousness and, to quote him, my 'sense of wonder'."
16. Singer Cissy Huston - "Van was a very strange person. Not particularly friendly, kind of shy and withdrawn. But when he started getting in front of the mike and singing, it was great."
17. Musician Eddie Reeves - "I met Van sometime in the mid-1970s at the Rainbow Bar & Grill located next to the Roxy theatre on Sunset Blvd. I told him I was aware that he had recorded my song (Don't Change on Me) and I thanked him for doing so. He asked me if I was still writing songs and I told him I wasn't. He asked me what I was doing and i told him I was now a music publisher. He said, 'Oh, if you can't lick 'em, join 'em."
18. Musician Mike Scott - "I was at a dinner party once and Van was there. Someone produced a guitar and asked him to do song. He said, "Mike, you play the piano - you know 'Madam George'?" I wished I'd said no, because the piano was out of tune, the sustain pedal wasn't working. It was like a weird dream playing with Van Morrison and the piano wouldn't work."
19. Elvis Costello - "I think of Van Morrison as someone with a definite style. He can cast a song in the ballad mode and you know the contours of it and yet it's still an original song."
20. Bill Clinton - "Van Morrison's music continues to inspire people seeking to end the violence..."