Think you know your Van stuff? Try the following questions and see what kind of Van fan you really are. (Or cheaters can go straight to the answers below.)
If this isn't enough, there are currently 5 or 6 sets of Van questions at funtrivia.com complete with answers. You get your trivia test marked and then compared against everyone else.
1. What's Van's middle name?
2. What was Van's first million-selling album?
3. How many children does Van have?
4. Which Rolling Stone did Van record with in 1976?
5. What poet's words can be found in the lyrics to Let the Slave?
6. What's the only other continent that Van's played besides Europe and North America?
7. What's Van's longest album?
8. Where are San Anselmo and Venice that Van sang about?
9. According to Van, what was the first song he wrote?
10. What studios did Van Morrison once own?
3. 3 (Shana born 1970, Aibhe born 2006 and Fionn Ivan born 2007)
4. Bill Wyman
5. William Blake
7. Still on Top (the three CD version)
9. Some Sunny Day (see Mojo, November, 2012)
10. The Wool Hall
10/10 - You are Pat Corley, Simon Gee or Stephen McGinn
8/10 or 9/10 - You're a loyal fan (and you probably need another hobby)
5/10 to 7/10 - Keep reading the 'Van Morrison News' blog
2/10 to 4/10 - Who cares about silly trivia quizzes anyway?
1/10 - oh dear .....
0/10 - perhaps you'd like to try the One Direction quiz?