Sunday, 7 February 2016

Reminds Me of You


Reminds Me of You is typical Van fare: a deceptively brilliant little song.  It was the seventh song on Van's 1999 album Back on Top. He has hundreds more gracing his albums.  As far as Van's songs go, there are the classic ones and then there are second-tier songs which the committed fans claim to love more. Then there's the whole live versions thing which Vanatics discuss endlessly much to the boredom of their poor spouses.  


Here are some opinions about this fairly obscure song that doesn't usually rate with the casual fan: 

nhgirl60323   -   I am a huge Van fan and never heard this song until a couple of months ago. It just totally affected me. In Avery good bluesy way. My husband passed away 5 years ago. He too was a huge Van fan. Our first song we ever danced to was Have I Told You Lately That I Love You live!!!! This song  allowed me to feel all those emotions grief loss happiness sorrow joy you feel when you lose someone special. Just amazing. Thank you Van. 

nhgirl60323   -   I am a huge Van fan and never heard this song until a couple of months ago. It just totally affected me. In Avery good bluesy way. My husband passed away 5 years ago. He too was a huge Van fan. Our first song we ever danced to was Have I Told You Lately That I Love You live!!!! This song  allowed me to feel all those emotions grief loss happiness sorrow joy you feel when you lose someone special. Just amazing. Thank you Van. 


Davide Jorge   -   Van Morrison, father for the music of Ireland.


teambodily   -   My passed away grandfather. Some of this song is a double edged sword with certain portions of the lyrics. Makes me think of his final days when he decided to give up the fight for staying alive and how much it hurt to see him quickly start to go. The most amazing man he was, and stood for everything a man should be about. Miss you my Monkey we will one day meet again. Keep watching over me during these rough and worrisome times. Grandpa, have some medical things that need a lot of prayer.


teambodily   -   This man's voice invokes the beauty of the blues, he’s one of my all time favourites. I associate a lot of this song with my passed away grandfather.

Joshua Bailey   -   I broke up with my ex a couple of weeks ago and I’ve found this song, I broke down in tears but it’s odd, it makes me feel so much better.

Thewsca   -   Beautiful.



Geonats   -   Love Morrison’s music but this makes me sad, so I remove it from my like list.

James Clark    -   About ten years ago, lost my Aunt, my mom and a very special love all in about a year.  I could barely move someday in my grief, and this song helped me, in some strange way to move through that, maybe just because Van knew and sang the depths of his loss of love, and how your heart just breaks with memories that haunt, and feelings that keep overwhelming any reason, just like the waves overwhelm and erode the beach.

Jon Phillips  -   I lost the love of my life 3 years ago. When I cry late at nite by myself I get out my guitar & try to play this wonderful ballad!

Bate N. Switch   -   So sad, yet so beautiful and soulful.

Irene Legault   -   If you need to cry over some one... this will help!

Lisa Crossan   -   I lost my youngest son 6 years ago to a terrible motorcycle accident.  My pain is constant.  This song makes me feel him deep within my heart.  I miss you so much and everything I do, reminds me of you.  God Bless you my son!

Rudy Campilii   -   Geez Van, why don't you just rip my heart out and tear it up. Thank you for all the really great musical gifts you have given us throughout the decades. You are a true genius. Wow, so much emotion.

Bpvogel   -   I couldn't stop listening to this song after my wife passed away.  There isn't another song that better conveys the grief I was feeling, and it really helped my healing process.   I hope others that have lost loved ones will find some comfort in this song as well. 

Dr Roger Bleen   -   People are basically going "disassociative" with this song. Emotional wounds are best fixed with an emotional leech.  That's what this song does - sucks out all the poison.  

Driftingloneliness   -   This song is heartbreaking an I know the broken heart of a mother...I lost my angel, my son Ashton Wyatt after his 2 year long battle with cancer.


rpierre1157   -   Absolutely love it.  Still brings a tear to my eye.

Teambodily   -   But all in all, I DO love this song and for that matter, pretty much all of his songs. Van’s the Man!



jschuler53   -   I agree with all these comments, this song gets me every time, the emotion is so genuine, for me, it is my son, remembering the sweet young boy, young adult, and then leaving, going a wayward path, and now, gone from my life. But as one comment says, this song make you go through all these feelings and you feel better at the end.

veronica246able   -   This song touches my heart and soul beautiful.


Gloria Forever   -   This song is just so wonderful…what lyrics and who else but Van could write them. Van ignore the gutter press.  Your fans adore you. Your Belfast and Dublin shows said it all. You are the Man
Anna Eaton   -   This was a song that I listened to after my husband died, it comforted and helped release the tears and kept me going. Music is an amazing healer.

Pink N. Sheers   -   Simple song. My 183rd favourite Van song.  Too much vibrato in the upper registers. 
Frabn   -   1st  class.


EternalAngel318   -   Epic underrated song.  One of my favourites from Van. The emotion in this song is so powerful. Love it!

rsthebestbandever   -   Outstanding. Incredible song by an incredible artist.

susanp508   -   Love this song, Van you're the man!!!

Sherry baby   -   LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
LIL' ED Baretta   -   Love Van and this song!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment